A Window on Contemporary Arab Culture
The Shubbak Festival 2013
Welcome to Shubbak 2013.
Shubbak 2013 is a festival of discovery. We are proud to present new talent and new works from some of the most exciting young artists originating from the Arab world – wherever they may be residing – in your neighbourhood in London, in Brussels, or in cities like Beirut, Jerusalem, Cairo, Dubai or Marrakech.
Shubbak is also a festival to discover or re-discover artists who have been pioneers in their fields for many years but have yet to receive the international platform which they so rightly deserve.
We have brought together a wonderful range of partners and locations – from the largest museums to the most intimate fringe theatres, from public squares to new galleries. Our programme spans free outdoor family days and large-scale concerts, thought-provoking talks and the latest films, with special late-night gallery openings and a wonderful closing party.
Artists are at the centre of our festival. Their imaginations open up new ways for us to understand our world.
Shubbak is the window to these imaginations.
- Latest new in the Art Lyst
- Latest new in the Al Arabiya
- Al Bawaba
- LEADING THINKERS AND ARTISTS EXPLORE THE CITY AS LIVERPOOL BIENNIAL HOSTS FORUM WITH QATAR’S MATHAF: ARAB MUSEUM OF MODERN ART
- V&A blog: Culture in Defiance: Syria Speaks
- Young Reporters blogs: Ehtifal Family Festival Day, Serpentine Gallery
- The Observer: The 10 best Arab films